Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Fifteen - The Playlist

They give excuses saying they've been busy with school, with work, what have you.
I am not here to say any of that.
I am simply here to blog.
Blog about music.
I was making a CD for my friends and as I was putting the playlist together I figured, why not make a playlist blog?
So here we go.

SPRING ELECTRONS


I noticed Ive been drawn to electronic-esque music lately.
Which is a bit strange for me, but I like it.
And also, i've been drawn to music that warms my insides and reminds me of Spring.
This playlist is a 15 song fusion of the two.
Ergo the playlist name: "Spring Electrons"
So get out your dancing pumps and your Ray Bans, and enjoy.
(p.s. songs of note will be italicized. If you feel so inclined to download and listen to a few of these songs, I suggest you start with the ones either embedded or italicized.)
(Though I really hope you give all the songs a listen.)

Lets start off the playlist with.....

Hello Sunshine - Syd Matters
Yes, this a cover of Hello Sunshine by Super Furry Animals. Yes, it's from The O.C. They use this song in the fourth season when Summer meets Seth at the airport, in Rhode Island. Cue slow-mo, small hair flip, and breath intake from Seth. Can you blame him? Listen to the song. You'll take in a breath too.
Syd Matters - Hello Sunshine .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Swing Tree - Discovery
I downloaded this song, and forgot about it. I didn't think about it twice and moved on. Recently, I rediscovered it (no pun intended.) As I was listening to it for the third time around, I REALLY listened to it. And I noticed something... This band reminds me an awful lot of Vampire Weekend. There was just something about the mixing of the voices, and the synthetic piano, and SOMETHING, that reminded me of Vampire Weekend. So I googled this band, and read up on them. And what did I find? Discovery is the love child of Wes Miles from Ra Ra Riot and Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend. ... I think it's safe to say that I'm awesome and I know my music. And that this song is even more awesome than I am. See if you can spot the VW influence in it.
Discovery - Swing Tree .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine
Oh Boy - Miss Li
I have a sneaking suspicion that this song was on a commercial or something. With good reason, I guess. It perky and playful and I love it.

Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
If this song doesn't get you moving, I don't know what will. Sway, and feel alive.

Dance Anthem of the 80's - Regina Spektor
Regina Spektor is the epitome of cool. And also, this song is even called Dance Anthem... need I say more?

Terminally Chill - Neon Indian
Combine this song with sunshine, bubbles, dance, and bright yellow sunglasses. Means for a great day.

To Kingdom Come - Passion Pit
Think of a summer nights sky full of stars. Close your eyes. Breath in the air. Dance.

Red Sweater - The Aquabats
My brother and his band do a cover this song when they play shows. Everytime it gets me off my feet. (Not skanking, though, cause I'm horrible at it.) However, if you know the art of skanking please skank away. If you don't, simply get into it. It's not hard.

I Want You To - Weezer
I love this song. So much. It's impossible for me to listen to it and not be bursting with movement on the inside. Refrain from listening to this song somewhere where you're not comfortable dancing. Cause you MUST. End of story. Period.
Weezer - I Want You To .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Feel The Love - Cut Copy
Yes. Feel the love. Live the love. Dance the love.

Help Im Alive - Metric
I owe this song discovery to my sister, Ingrid. She loves it so much - her enthusiasm about it is contagious. Throw your fists up and punch the air during the bridge, and dance to the chorus. It'll make you feel good.

Plastic Stars - Freezepop
Drive on an isolated road, with the windows down, listening to this song. Just trust me.

When I Goosestep - The Shins
This song is different then the other songs on the playlist. But they're The Shins and they're awesome so it doesnt matter.

The Importance of Being - Northern Two
I hesitate putting this song in. It's a good song, don't get me wrong. But there is controversy about who sings it. Some say it's Postal Service, some say it's Northern Two. Both deny any involvement in the song. I'm sure it's not Postal Service - the vocals definitely don't belong to Ben Gibbard. I'm going to say it's Northern Two, but I suppose that's just opinion. Cause the source of this song is a mystery. Anyhoo, it's a good song. Whoever it is was definitely channeling Postal Service, which makes it enjoyable to listen to nonetheless.

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
This song is beautiful. I'm pretty sure this is the song that plays on 500 Days of Summer when they are out and about looking at architecture. Paired with this song, its the picture perfect date.

Voila! I hope you all take the time to check out a few of the songs. They're worth it. Promise.
If you do listen to the all the songs, let me know what you think!
Even if you only listen to the songs that were embedded on this here post, let me know what you think!
And let me know what you think about the post in general.
Is it a kind of post you wouldnt mind seeing again?
Or was it a waste of words and bandwidth?
I wanna know. I can take the truth.
Happy weekend everybody.
=)

-Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 comments:

Rachel

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sweet Disposition. I listen to it almost everyday from my 500 Days of Summer soundtrack.

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go