Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Twenty Four - The Eye Opener

I know what I want out of my blog.

I want to be honest.
I want to tell you guys about who I am.
About what I do.
I dont need to do this through posting pictures of outfits.
I dont need to do this through doing a "one-a-day" type of project.
I will simply do this by being me.
And then writing about it.
And in doing this, I will be looking at my (self-proclaimed) normal/boring days and subconsciously - maybe even consciously - trying to find something bizzare and extraordinary in them.
Thats the beauty of blogging.
And the beauty of bloggers.
True bloggers.
That they have the ability to make us want to read about them.
Read about their days.
They they can take something simple and make it seem so interesting.
Because in their eyes, it is.
Thats who I want to be.
So this week, I want to feature some of my favorite blogs.
And not blogs like The Style Rookie from post fourteen.
Blogs about real people.
Who talk about their real life.
I want to feature one blog a day for the next week.
And I want to start off the week by featuring the blog that made me realize this in the first place.

TRIUMPHS and blunders of a KOOKY gal
(click on the banner to connect to the blog)

TRIUMPHS & blunders of a KOOKY gal

I found this blog, literally, just yesterday.
And she's already changed the way I look at blogging.
As I read post after post,
Her story, pictures and voice continually urging me to read the next one,
I thought,
this girl must be a blog veteran. she's such a natural.
I went to her blog archive and searched for her first post.
Saturday, January 2nd.
Yes, 2010.
Yes, the same day I started this blog.
I was in awe.
I was jealous.
I was amazed.
I was inspired.
I was every other adjective you can imagine when you think of someones jaw dropping.
I was all of it.
And I realized I was none of it.
I had none of that courageous blogging.
She immediately embraced the blogging force and ran forward with courage.
I am still feebly deciding whether what I write is worth reading or not.

But!
I will fear no longer!
I will go forward and take the blogging world by storm!
I will put on my warrior gear and charge onward.
I will not be afraid that what I write isnt worth blogging about.
If you dont like one of my posts one day, I'm real sorry to have lost you.
But I hope you stick around for the next one.
I hope you have faith in me.
Because I have faith in us!

In short,
I love blogging.
I will continue blogging.
I will stop comparing myself to other blogs.
And I will check Triumphs and Blunders of a Kooky Gal's blog everyday.
Its only been a short time that I've entered her blog-home, but its already on my list of daily stop-in's.
Put it on your list too.

Reading her blog has started the mind-flow of ideas for my blog.
I already things have a list of I want to blog about
So be prepared, my friends.
(Also, reading her blog gave me the inspiration to do the new-and-improved links on the left.
I hope she doesnt mind that I borrowed her idea.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, yeah?)

Watch this space, folks.
Its coming at'cha.

-Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 comments:

chelsea rebecca

OH MY GOODNESS!!
i'm seriously speechless!! i don't think you inderstand how happy this made my heart! you are way too sweet!! thank you so much for your kind words!
i remember when i started blogging and i was like i'm going to have to make my grandmother an account just to have one follower. and honestly i didn't care! this blog was for me! but i'm so happy how far its come! its people like you who are so encouraging and keep excited about blogging. no i'm not on the sidelines of a prada show or have a famous parent, i'm not married.. but somehow its okay! and thats the most important thing i learned to just be myself! {cheesefest!!}
anyway i'm rambling.. i do that when i'm so happy and stunned and thankful!!!
so thanks for making my day!!

p.s. i love your sidebar!

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go