Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Seventeen - The Green Sea

I really like St Patricks Day.
For no reason, really.
I'm not Irish.
I dont drink.
I dont party with the best of them, or anything.
I merely go to school,
Revel in the sea of green clothing,
And call it a day.
But for some reason,
Whenever I see someone wearing green,
It really makes me happy.
Its like...
You dont expect the quiet kid in your history class to take part in the tradition.
And yet, there he is wearing a green striped shirt.
Or you figure the gangsta's of the school will be too cholo to give in.
But they surprise you by dressing up.
(In their own weird interpretation of the holiday,
But nevertheless, they're wearing green.)
Its just cool that its, like, unspoken.
We dont need a campaign telling us to wear green.
We dont need posters reminding us.
We just know.
Its St Patricks Day -
Wear green.
And its cool that (most) everyone participates.
That for one day everyone is a part of this one thing.
Its.... unifying, almost.
Wow.
I'm a loser.
But I'm telling you this, nonetheless.
Happy St Patties Day, all!


- Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go