Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Nineteen - The Other News

In other (happier) news, I mentioned yesterday being the perfect day.
And in post twelve (I think it was) I said that the perfect day would be set to the perfect playlist.
Well turns out the perfect playlist consists of 20 or so Vampire Weekend songs.
And turns out its more of a setlist than a playlist.
Yes, my dear friends, the signs are all pointing to what you think they're pointing to.
The Vampire Weekend concert.
Did I ever mention I like Vampire Weekend?
(sarcasm)
The concert was perfection.
There really is no other way to describe it.
Bee and I left right after school to wait at the venue, and ended up waiting in life from 3:00 to 7:00.
Dedication, yo's.
We waited in the wind and rain but it was one thousand percent worth it when we were the very first ones in line/ the very first ones in the venue/ front and center.
We all joked about wanting to be so close we could see the sweat drip off their faces,
But we actually ended up being so close, we did see sweat drip off ther faces.
Not only that,
We were so close we could actually see the color of Ezra Koenig's eyes.
It was literally us -> the bar -> the stage.
I got so into every single song.
Every time they played, it was like experiencing music on a whole other level.
A level of enlightenment.
(^ To quote a book that I'm sure most of you wandering on my blog have read.)
I dont think I've ever danced so hard in my life.
And how could you not?
Song after song was just incredible.
The energy that the band had on stage was infectious.
You couldnt help but moves your hips like Ezra Koening.
You couldnt help but imitate Chris Baios slow-bounce movement.
You couldnt help but be as excited about the beats as Chris Tomson was.
You couldnt help but appreciate all the wicked instrumental work Rostam Batmanglij did on... everything.
You just couldnt help it.
At times, randomly during a song, Chris Baio would look around, or look behind him, and just start laughing.
And you laughed too.
Nothing was funny,
But it was just such an amazing energy that you had to laugh.
Though, the energy did have its downfalls.
Being up at the front,
Right up against the fence,
Did mean that when the crowd got a little too excited, they pushed and pushed you against the bar
And were literally crushing your lungs to the point where it was hard to breath.
I have bruises on my knees/forearms/chest.
But like I said to Bee every time it got a little too rough:
"For Vampire Weekend!"
It was like our battle-cry of the night.
Half the time I didnt even notice I was being pushed within an inch of my life.
I was so immersed in what was happening in front of me.
Ezra Koenig noticed, though.
And he mentioned twice to watch out for the folks in the front.
Being in the front, he looked my way.
We made eye contact twice.
And he nodded at me once.
In the deep realms of his subconcious, Ezra Koenig knows I exist.
Life: complete.
Everything about the night was magical and glorious and perfect and every other adjective that could describe the infinity of the night.
(And I use infinity in an "infinitely perfect" type of way. Not in a number type of way.)
At the end of the concert, Ezra and Chris (Baio) threw their guitar picks out into the crowd.
They got slapped onto the floor, by someone in the front, and it turned into war.
And understanding how important it was to me, my sister enlisted.
And, true to her nature, she won.
I have Ezra Koenigs pick.
His pick!
The only one that he used all night.
You can see where the text rubbed off on the back, because he was holding it.
He didnt switch it out like most musicians do during a concert.
He used this one pick.
And I have it.
This is the pick he used to play Walcott, Mansard Roof, Oxford Comma, White Sky...
When I came to this realization at the concert, I literally almost teared up.
Thats how awesome and influential they are.

(our sweet view/Ezra's pick/Ezra's pick[worn side]/venue where they played)

(shirt I got at the concert)

*Sigh*
It was perfect.
Now what I wanna know is,
What's the best concert you've been to / why?

-Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 comments:

Rachel

The best concert I've been to so far, though I haven't been to many at all, was the Ben Kweller concert. Despite the guy the didn't want to be touched AT ALL even in the midst of a mosh pit, it was awesome. David was there with his energenic friends, and you were there! It was great!!!

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go