Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Twenty Three - The Disappearing Spaghetti-O's



Today, I woke up and I wanted Spaghetti-O's.
I opened the can, poured it into a bowl, and popped it into the microwave.
When it came out, I realized...
This is a LOT of Spaghetti-O's.
I offered some to my brother, hoping he would split it with me, to no avail.
So I decided I would eat what I could, and put the rest in the fridge for later.
So there I was,
Watching Late Night With Jimmy Fallon on DVR, and happily munching away on my Spaghetti-O's with a green spoon.
(Yes, I eat my Spaghetti-O's with a spoon, not a fork.)
When I decided I was full, I was still watching TV.
So I set the bowl aside telling myself I would put it away when I was done.
Then my father came in and asked me to clean the kitchen.
I happily obliged.
(With absolutely no sarcasm in that last line. I was strangely ok with being asked to clean. Which was odd for me.)
I happily obliged, and went to the kitchen.
After doing the dishes and cleaning the counters, I moved on to the floor.
I started prepping it for brooming/mopping by picking up large pieces of garbage off the floor.
Next to my dogs kennel was a broken green spoon.
I picked it up, thinking dang puppy and threw it away.
I broomed.
I mopped.
I was done.
I moved back into the TV room and decided I would finish this episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon later.
Turning off the TV, I grabbed my bowl.
And noticed it was empty.
My eyebrows furrowed.
Really? Had I eaten all of it, and didnt remember?
Surely I wasnt THAT forgetful.
Or that pathetic, that I ate without noticing.
No.
I specifically remember not eating all of it.
Confused, I took the bowl to the kitchen and put it in the sink.
On my way, I saw my dog.
And it clicked.
The empty bowl, the broken green spoon near his kennel, the guilty look in his eye.
Jack had eaten my Spaghetti-O's.
For some, this might not be a big deal.
But in our house it is a strict rule that the dog isnt supposed to eat human food.
I looked down at my dog and put my hand on my hips.
"Did you eat my Spaghetti-O's?" I asked.
He simply looked at me.
I asked again.
He looked down for a second then looked back up at me again.
Busted.
I thought of all the rules he had broken.
He went into the TV room (which he isnt supposed to do.)
Climbed onto the couch (which he isnt supposed to be on) to reach my bowl
And ate my food (which he isnt supposed to eat.)
I shook my head at him and he scurried away.
Ah, pets.
Luckily for him I found it more amusing than anything so I let him get away with it.
That conniving little fur ball.

(P.s. The picture is from http://poppopportraits.blogspot.com
Its this lovely blog that features original art done by the blogger herself.
Her drawings are charming beyond belief.
A charm that is aided by little background stories of each of her characters.
The girl in this particular picture is named Madalina, with her collie Mahfi.
Click on the blog link.
I promise it will be worth your time.)

Today is Earth Hour Day.
Are you guys participating?
I know I am!
Its simple enough -
Turn off all the lights from 8:30 - 9:30.
Be a part of the world-wide revolution.
If you read this before eight-thirty (your local time),
Tell me,
What are you going to do during Earth Hour, in the dark?
If you read this after 8:30,
Tell me what you did do!
During Earth Hour,
Take pictures, record video, get creative,
Then write it about it in your blog, and send me the link!
And if you want to read more about Earth Hour,
Dont forget to add yourself to the world map!
(Click on the widget below, to fill out the form.)

-Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 comments:

oh, brooke

I just recently got a new dog XD And this just made me laugh. Because I have deemed to myself that I will not feed him any human food, because my other dog, Moe, is as fat as fat can be.

Either way, I always enjoy reading your blog 8] They're so...I don't know, unique.

lauren carney

why hello!
your blog is quite delightful!

just thought you ought to know!
:) x

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go