Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Ten - The Retelling of the Tale

Interesting.
As I typed in the "T" in the title box, to write Ten,
It came up with a history of everything I've written in the title box that has begun with a T.
Many I recognized.
Two and Three from this blog.
Take one through Take 13/45 from another blog I had - The Impossible Journey of Screenwriting.
(We'll discuss that in a bit.)
And a Testing - I'm not sure what blog this is from, but if it was just a "testing" type of post I'm sure it doent matter.
But then there were others.
There were seven of them.
They were titled: Thought#1 - 7
By the subtitles that these seven posts had
(Theivery Corporation, About a Boy, On a Book I Just Read - to name a few)
I VAGUELY remember writing them.
But I cant for the life of me remember where I wrote them.
I have had three blogs over the course of four years and three months.
In all these blogs, I start the titles in a similar way.
In one it was "Rant#(insert number here)"
In another it was "Take (insert number here)"
In this one its simply numbers.
I never had a blog that started out with "Thought#"
So WHEN did I write these?
I have a feeling back in '05 or '06 I might have had a secret blog or something.
One that only I read.
One that only saw the glory of seven posts before it was deleted.
I wish I hadnt deleted it.
I want to revisit my 12 year old thoughts.
I still have 12 year old thoughts to revisit.
I have one of my blogs,
and journals and such.
But I'm intrigued by these secret posts,
That I no longer have access to know.
What boy was I talking about?
What book had I just read?
Why did I mention that particular band?
I guess we'll never know.

On July 2nd 2008, I started a new blog.
It was called:
The Impossible Journey of Screenwriting.
But this journey proved to be a tad more impossible than I had expected.
In this blog I - along with my partner in crime, Bee - were going to write about our adventures to write a screenplay.
It never happened.
We started.
We stopped.
We never finished.
That blog only saw six screenwriting-related posts.
Did I ever tell you I wanted to write scripts?
Ever since I was a child, I wanted to write.
I never knew in what style though.
One day, I decided I'd try my hand at screenwriting.
Then suddenly,
Its what made sense.
From there I wanted to be a writer/director.
Then a director.
Then I took film classes.
And found my real passion was in editing.
I think, though,
The ultimate dream,
Deep down,
Is still to write and direct my own movie.

Here is my very first post on that blog.
It recounts my tale to decide to write scripts.
I feel like its monumental.
Like this started the snowball effect that led me to where I am,
And what I love,
Today.

Take one: The Tale of the Impossible Journey of Screen Writing

Once upon a time, there were two girls. We'll call them Adri and Bee. One warm May evening, Adri was struck with an idea. Like a mad woman, she began to write it down. Eventually, though, she ran out of ideas, and put the story away.
Although she put the story to rest, she never stopped thinking about it. She heard a song: she thought up a scene for the story. She saw a painting: she thought up dialogue her characters would say if they, too, were were viewing the painting. On and on this went, and it never stopped. This could only mean two things. She needed to write, or she had split personality. Putting her theory of split personality aside, Adri took out the story and began to write again, knowing it was the only solution to make all this excessive story plotting go away.
And on she wrote. And wrote. And then, again, she stopped. It just didnt
feel right. She thought this a sign that the story wasnt meant to be and put it aside, once more. But, again, she couldn't get it out of her head. The more she thought about it, the more she realized: this story wasn't meant to be read, it was meant to be seen. It was meant for film.
Never before has something felt so right to Adri. The next Wednesday morning, she logged onto her computer and Googled every thing she could about screenwriting. Finally, she felt ready, (well... as ready as she could) to write a script.
One not-so-warm May evening, a whole year later, she sat down on her bed, took out her purple pen, and opened to the first page in her new notebook. She sat. And waited. And when nothing came out, she panicked. How was she going to do this? She knew nothing about script writing? She didnt know how to take an idea, and turn it into a hour and a half film.
What was she thinking?
She called the first number in her phonebook: Bee.
She spewed her worries for minutes before Bee finally calmed her down.
I'll help you she said.
And like that, the journey to screenwriting began.
This is that story.
Speaking of (sort of) editing...
Yesterday I woke up at seven in the morning to embark on my adventure to complete my Owl City contest entry.
I filmed/froze/captured/and edited.
This is the product:


Stan and Amanda were incredibly complying, and did an amazing job of being awesome.
I went for a happy couple type of feel.
I think it worked out rather nicely,
Go to the actual youtube page tell me what you think!
(I will let y'all know if I make it to the top ten.
And if I do I would GREATLY appreciate your votes.)

After I spent the morning freezing, and running aroud Liberty Park,
My sister and I went out to breakfast.
As we were on our way
I was telling my sister how, as much as I hate waking up early,
I really like getting things done early in the morning.
Because then its only ten o clock,
And I have my whole day ahead of me,
But I've already accomplished so much.
Means for a great day, yeah?
Of course, Valentines Day themed hot chocolate at breakfast certainly helps.


I have a bad habit of eating only the whipped cream and forgetting to finish my hot chocolate.
Woops.
=)

So basically this post sums me up in a nutshell.
I blog, I write, I edit.
And I only eat the whipped cream of my hot chocolate.
What hobbies/habits do you have?

-Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

3 comments:

bee

Ha ha. I'm Bee :) We worked on that for a long time though! Like legit worked on it! So we should feel proud even if it is as yet unfinished. And your video is awesome. I just want you to know that I'm very impressed with your film-making skills ha ha.

Rachel

What hobbies/habits do I have?

I like to pretend that I read a lot, but I hardly ever do anymore.
I have a hobby of thinking that one day I will be one of those women that travel the world with the love of their life and run into all sorts of crazy, amazing situations, places, and people.
I also have a habit of eating my meals with one food item at a time. Like tonight I had to eat my enite salad before eating my enire enchalada.

Amy

i like photography, though i'm hardly any good at it. i also enjoy writing stories, like you, though i'll get about five pages in and run out of ideas/get bored/forget about it/ other neglect my poor story.

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go