Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

One - The First One

I feel like a blog traitor, not writing in my other blog.
But eventually you fill up all the pages in your journal.
And it's time for a new one.
And the story's the same,
It just has a different cover.
New year, new blog, and whatsit.
I was talking about starting a health blog with Rach and Kolbie.
I know.
What on earth do I know about being healthy?
Nothing.
Which is what the blog is for.
To help motivate and educate us.
But what about those days when I don't want to talk about salads and running?
What about those days when I want to write about cupcakes?
I can't very well write about that in a health blog.
That would be rude.
So I started a new blog.
So that today,
I can write about cupcakes.

Yesterday was the first day of the year.
So naturally my first order of business was to make cupcakes.
I had been determined to do so the entire week, but never got around to it.
So yesterday, I finally did.
I got the recipe. the ingredients, and the courage, and I walked into the kitchen.
An hour and a half later, my cupcakes were complete.
Made from complete scratch, they looked a little lopsided but were incredibly delectable.
Rather than explain the entire process to you,
Which I'm sure is what you want me to do,
Ive condensed it into a 3 minute long video for your viewing pleasure.
Click below to watch.
But I warn you,
It is just me baking.
For three minutes.
I like to think its interesting,
But if you dont find it so, I understand.
But watch it for the song.
December by Norah Jones.
Its a beautiful song.




Its interesting,
As I was making the batter and the frosting,
I was very untrusting of the recipe.
Here I am,
Dumping two sticks of butter, and an entire block of cream cheese into a bowl
...
Theres NO way this could ever turn into frosting.
Or anything but artery clogging lard, for that matter.
But it did.
Just like the recipe said it would,
It did.
I followed it blindly,
I didnt have faith in it.
But it delivered, just like it said it would.

Happy 2010.
=)
I would do a New Year post, but I feel like this entry should be strictly cupcake related.
Perhaps I'll do another post about it.
Perhaps today?
Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.
We'll see.

-Adriana


Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 comments:

astrid

i love this!!! you are so amazing with your creativity!!! I didnt think it would be so much fun to watch someone make cupcakes!!!! :)

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go