Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Eight - The Plan

Today was pajama day at school.
Thank you Cottonwood High School for doing a crappy job of promoting spirit week - thus resulting in me wearing a dress/cardi/leather-legging combo, when I COULD be wearing my pajamas.
*sigh*
O well.
There's always next year.
And bad days, and such.
Speaking of bad days...
My temper is incredibly short, these days. I don't know why. But I can be perfectly content - talking about Spring and warmth one second, and the next I get irritated that someone even tries to talk to me. Or I can be joking about how hungry I am, while driving home from school. Then all the sudden Im home, storming into the house, stomping up the stairs, and throwing my stuff on the floor. And all I want to do is slam doors.
I don't know what my problem is.
But all I know is it needs to be fixed.
I need to cleanse myself with Temper-Be-Gone.
So to do so, I have decided to do a few things.
- Enter the Owl City
music video contest (Though, this is proving to be more stressful than it is helpful. But we will touch on that subject momentarily.)
- Extensively plan Rachels birthday party
- Ask/Plan/Go to Sweethearts, my high schools Valentines Day dance.

For this Owl City contest we are challenged to make a 90 second music video to Vanilla Twilight by Owl City.
I figured, hey, this is kidna perfect.
I love Owl City. I love filmmaking. I especially love making music video type things.
The song we're to work with, as I said, is Vanilla Twilight.

vanilla-twilight-owl-city.mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


Its a great song.
However, I am finding it INCREASINGLY hard to work with.
Its like: really, Adam Young?
I can picture a music video to every single one of yours songs EXCEPT this one,
But you would want me to make a music video to this song.
I think what I'm having a hard time with is the fact that everyone is taking the song so literally.
Their music videos are sad, and mopey, and very "I wish you were here :-("
And I dont want to take that direction.
But I dont know what other direction to take.
Do I make it a couple video?
Do I make it an artsy video?
Do I make it a literal, sad video?
What do I do???
Every Owl City song is so up beat and happy.
THOSE are the songs I want to work with.
I mean, this song is a fast-ish song.
But its so.... paced.
Its unchanging.
Making it sound slower than it actually is.
And then!
Theres the factor of it only being 90 seconds long.
Which 90 seconds do I use?
It's all very difficult.
I will keep you posted, and
please, please, please give me your feedback.
Listen to the song.
What do you think I should do?

Rachels birthday party is going to be the coolest party of the year.
No joke.
All I can think about is how to make it better.
I feel extremely wedding planner-y.
I want to carry around a clipboard and wear a phone ear-piece.
I go to the store and everything I look at is just one more tool to use for her party.
I imagine it's gotten to the point of being unhealthy - how much I want to plan.
By the time it's her birthday, March, it will be warm outside, and this party will be the perfect way to bring in the spring.
And I'm almost positive it will be spring-ish, cause it's been very warm here,
And!
Today, it didn't get dark till around six o clock.
Wooooooo!
But I digress.
I don't want to give away too many details about her party.
You'll just have to wait and see.
:-)

Sweethearts is two and a half weeks away.
I really want to go, but I'm still undecided.
Who do I ask?
How do I ask?
What do we do?
What do I wear?
There are many questions, and almost none are answered thus far.
But I'm working on it.
There's also a matter of money.
You see, I have none.
So our activities will have to be crazy cheap.
It's all wishful thinking right now.
All I know is that I need to plan before I act.
Perhaps I WILL get a clipboard?

It's late.
I really should go to sleep.
I have a very difficult day ahead of me, tomorrow.
Well... That's a lie.
I have a very difficult second period.
We're to write a DBQ essay in my AP US history class.
Oh goodness.
As I have said countless times before: I don't know why I'm in that class.
I'm not fit for it.
But that's not the point.
The point is
I should get some sleep.

What do you think about the Owl City fandango?
I would much appreciate your feedback.
Soon, if possible.
It's urgent.
Good night, blogosphere.

- Adri

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go