Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Three - The Birth Day

I woke up yesterday sure of three things:
1. 6,209 days ago, my mother gave birth to me.
2. I wanted to wear my cool locket necklace Ingrid gave me for Christmas. >>
3. I wanted to listen to Black Hole by She & Him.
What a fantastic way to start the morning, listening to Zooey Deschanel.
Just listening to her voice inspires you to be a little bit cooler.
I did what I could with what I had.
Maybe I wasnt Zooey Dechanel,
But it was my birthday.
I felt cool anyways.
I was perfectly happy all day,
Despite the fact that I was back in the halls of Cottonwood High,
And was experiencing that birthday high.
You know,
The one where even stop signs seem to be smiling their octagonal faces at you.
It was my birthday, and what could make the day better?
A few things, actually.
One,
I remembered that turning 17 meant I was a offically an adult in the wizarding world,
And that I was old enough to apparate.
Really,
What could be cooler than that?
Two,
People seem to like you a tad more when its your birthday.
Three,
I recieved the coolest birthday presents in the history of cool birthday presents.

a) I inherited Amandas Dwight bobblehead.


b) Astrid got me an awesome vintage camera that made me a 8 instead of a 7 on the overall cool scale.

c) I finally got a fish.

I have been asking for this fish forever.
Initially, I wanted a goldfish.
But then
I decided,
Instead,
I wanted a beta fish.
And when I got this fish,
I swore I would name him Alpha.
Well, my friends,
Today, I am the proud owner of Alpha the Beta Fish.
I dont know what else you could ask for, really.
When my sister uncovered my eyes, and I saw the fish bowl sitting in front of me,
I knew that was it.
My night was done.
Everything was content.
This,
and all the other small things that are too much to write down,
made it the best 17th birthday I will ever have.
=)

-Adri

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go