Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Fifty Nine - The List of Five pt 2

I hate to do two Lists of Five in a row, but that's just the way it worked out, yeah?

Also, I fnished writing this last night, but am barely publishing it now.
Ohhhh wellllllll.
Here we go.
  • Implications will seldom move a conversation forward. Say what you mean and mean what you say. (Insert something about an elephant being faithful here.)
  • If you’re tired, just go to sleep.
  • If you want to buy the DVD set of Daria, don’t hesitate. Because the super awesome 24.99, prime eligible deal that you wanted will sell out, and you’ll be forced to spend hours refreshing amazon.com to get another deal like that.
  • In case you forgot, graduation parties usually mean people will give you money. Don’t make the mistake of not having one. And in case you did make that mistake, remember – there’s always “Hey, guess what? I’m going to college!” parties.
  • Don’t panic if you forget what it feels like to love your favorite band. Sometimes it happens. We love a band so thoroughly that we run out of love for them temporarily. Or, not even that. We just become desensitized to that feeling their music gave us when we first listened to it. It’s scary as all get out when this happens, but the feeling will come back. Right? It’ll come back, won’t it? ….??? SOMEONE COMFORT ME I AM INCAPABLE OF COMFORTING MYSELF IN THIS REGARD I FEEL LIKE I’M BROKEN OH MY GOSH.
I love Vampire Weekend.
But until I remember what that feels like,
I will listen to The Shins and Modest Mouse.
I did just that tonight.
I properly listened to these two bands, which I haven’t done in a very long time.
And the feeling the music gave me… Man, it felt good. I felt fulfilled, or whatevs.
This led to a minor panic attack concerning Vampire Weekend.
I realized I haven’t felt that with them in a while, and that terrified the absolute bajeebus out of me.
So I tried listening to their eponymous album,
(as I have over-played Contra and thought this might be the reason for my decline in admiration)
And….
Nothing.
I felt nothing.
I was just listening to music.
I had no emotional or physical response.
Ah, I don’t like the way this feels at all.
The void it’s leaving.
This is legitimately bothering/worrying/frustrating/ me.
Is that strange?
Both that I’ve forgotten what it’s like to love my favorite band and that I’m this upset about it?
I suppose I just need to ride out this feeling.
Let it do its thing, and wait until it leaves.
Bukowski by Modest Mouse is a damn good song.

- Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 comments:

Rachel

YES! Officially caught up with your blog.

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go