Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Twenty Nine - The New Fish-Friends

When Alpha The Beta Fish died, everyone immediately told me to get a new fish.
But I wasnt ready.
I felt like I would be replacing Alpha.
However, I very quickly realized how lonely it was without a fish.
I wanted to have a new fish-friend, but I didnt want to seem rude by moving on so quickly.
By now, though, everyone seemed to respect my decision of not getting another fish.
But what I needed was someone to tell me to buck up and move on.
Luckily such a person exists in my life.
Him: Have you gotten a new fish yet?
Me: No. Like I said, I dont want to replace him so easily. But then again, its very lonely without one. I find myself constantly looking over at my bed-side table, where his bowl used to be. Its become habit, and its knd of depressing.
So in short: no. Its all very confusing.
Him: Ok... I'll help you! Get one!!!

{relief}
Well, if you insist.
So, after much consideration and contemplation, I decided it was time to get another fish.
I originally wanted a goldfish.
Then I was convinced to get an x-ray fish.
And I got really excited about that.
Then I went to the store and was convinced an x-ray fish was a bad idea.
Because I have a bowl, not a tank.
Apparently the only fish that lives super well in a bowl is a beta fish.
But I didnt want to get a replacement Alpha.
(It'd be too weird to have a fish that looks exactly the same.)
So, a bit disappointed, I opted for my original plan.
And I got a goldfish.
In fact, I got two.
Meet Clark & Kent:

CLARK


KENT

Though they're not x-ray fish, I'm content with my decision.
I missed having a fish.
And the more I watch them, the more I get attached to them.
But now I am once again in the stages of getting to know my fish.
When I first got Alpha I swear he didnt like me.
But eventually got he used to me.
So I'm trying to get to that point with Clark & Kent now.
Cause right now theyre skittish.
And Kent's a little feisty.
In due time, I suppose.

I miss Alpha, but I think this will be really good.
And luckily goldfish arent as delicate as beta fish.
Together, Clark & Kent will join forces and become indestructible.

-Adriana

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go