Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Thirty Three - The Wish to Be Brave



I wish I was brave enough to carry around an umbrella.
To carry it around and actually use it, mind you.
I have an umbrella,
A cute one, even,
But I'm too scared to ever whip it out.
I'm afraid I'll look too silly.
I dont live in New York,
Where people walk so much they NEED umbrellas.
Or I dont live in Seattle.
Where it rains so frequently it would be foolish not to have one.
I live in Utah.
Where people dont commonly use umbrellas.
But I want to.
I just wish I had the guts to.
I wish I had an excuse to.
I wish I was going for a walk in the park in the warm April rain.
I wish my school was close enough that I could walk to, all the while shielding myself from those showers that promise May flowers.
(Though not the Mayflowers that promise pilgrims. Thats a different season.)
I wish I didnt need an excuse.
I wish I could just be brave enough to take out an umbrella during the brief minutes that I'm outside.
Walking from the house to the car, and the car to the school.
(Wow. That sounded pathetic.
"You need to get out more," right?)
Anyhow,
I sort of love umbrella's.
And I sort of hate that where I live its not normal to just walk around using them.
I also sort of hate that in Utah we dont necessarily have April Showers.
We have April Snow Storms.
Where's the magic in using an umbrella during that??

Tell me - do you use an umbrella?
Take a picture of it, and send me a link!
(I'll post a picture of mine later.
I'm too lazy to go grab it from my sisters car right now.)

-Adriana

P.s. Arent these umbrellas(/slash/the way they match their tights) adorable?
I want an umbrella with ears or eyes of some sort.
Like the first picture, too!

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 comments:

Rachel

I don't have an umbrella. My mom has about thirty and makes me take one on hot summer days "just in case", but I never use them.

Anonymous

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go