Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you stay a while, and find something that tickles your fancy. Feel free to contact me via email, Twitter, and/or comments.

WELCOME WHO I AM WHERE I LIVE WHAT I DO

Seventy Five - The Fifth Night

Today is the third day of 2012. 

It is currently 6:34 in the morning,
And I have been unable to sleep. 
Of course. 

For some reason, any insomniac adventures I have always coincide with online shopping.
It's a problem, I think.
The addiction I have to online shopping.
Nevertheless I am capable of spending hours upon hours on amazon, etsy, and various other websites, browsing and adding to shopping carts and wishlist-ing. 
Here are some of the things I am 98% convinced I cannot live life without but will refrain from buying anyways for the sole fact that my wallet prohibits it at the moment: 
Color Negative 120 400 Film. This really is a necessary purchase, when I get around to it. For Christmas, my sister got me a Diana F+ camera - a camera I've been lusting over for at least seven months now. The Diana is an updated recreation of the cult classic 1960's all plastic camera. It brings photography back to basics, in a very user-friendly way. User-friendly, that is, once you learn the ropes. It's been a while since I've learned something new in regards to how cameras work, and I can't even explain how excited I am to learn all the neat tricks and pictures the Diana can produce.But first I need some film. 

Inspired by my new camera, I decided I might want a camera case for either a) my Diana or b) my video camera. I'm hoping that having a case for my video camera will encourage me to carry it around more often. Filming is something I want to do a lot more of this year, regardless of if I have a computer to dump all the footage on or not. (This has been my latest inhibition - the lack of a Mac nearby.) Naturally, I turned to etsy to see what they had to offer. They had plenty to offer, but not exactly what I was looking for. I did, however, find these bags. Perhaps not even for my cameras, but... you know.... just to have in general.
The description for this bag described the particular color of green as "avocado." Avocado. As if the color wasn't love at first sight already. 
How adorable would a cylindrical bag be to have when you only want to carry around your phone, some money, and some lipstick perhaps? I will answer that for you. Very adorable. Very adorable indeed.
I like this one for my video camera, actually. I think it could snuggly fit my camera, and protect it in my Fjallraven. 
And then this one. I mean honestly..... Honestly. For real guys. How am I supposed to physically exist without this bag in my life? This one is in the running to subtly show to my mother when I sigh and remind her that it's my birthday soon. 
As I searched through the "camera case" tag, I kept getting search results of small wallet sized cases to carry digital point and shoot cameras. Seeing these repeatedly, they began to resemble sunglasses cases. Which reminded me - I need a case for my glasses. My sunglasses as well, but definitely my glasses. I spent a lot of time the past week(s) staying the night at other peoples houses. Every time I would pack a bag, I would always hesitate where to store my glasses. I don't have a case for them at the moment, so the fear of breaking them would stop me from packing them altogether. So I searched for sunglasses cases. And I found these:

And bought this:


I think the first case somehow flared a nautical inspiration inside me (the colors perhaps), because I quickly became obsessed with the idea of owning a sailor dress.
This one is also in the running to stumble upon while I'm browsing the internet with my mother and, in a completely unrelated way, talking about my birthday.
That picture in particular led me to think of summer. I pictured the dress accessorized with my new Diana around my neck, my Fjallraven on my back, filled with my video camera, sunglasses, chapstick, and other summer items. My mind went to two places at this point. It simultaneously thought of a Fuji Instax 7 and swimsuits. I entertained the idea of swimsuits first. As my best friend Kolbie would have as well, I went straight to modcloth.com. Their swimsuit collection was old and scare (I mean, it IS winter at the moment) but I still fell in love with this top:

And this picture:
Am I allowed to swim in a skirt? 
After I convinced myself that $73 is not, in fact, a reasonable price for a swimsuit top (after compromising with myself that I would go to Target to look at their swimsuits as soon as Aubree woke up), I turned to the camera idea. I don't know why, when picturing an ideal summer, I thought of the Fuji Instax. It's also a camera that I have wanted for a while, but I always put it on the backburner. I had other camera priorities. But now that I am lucky enough to have my first choice camera, I can focus on the Fuji Instax.
The Fuji Instax is a camera that produces credit card sized photos instantly. With film for Polaroid cameras almost officially extinct, these cameras are the way to go for all your instant needs (not a euphemism.) This camera would be great in social situations, and I would love it and use it a lot. 
Which is what I continually tell myself to justify the price. 
Unfortunately it's a bit pricier than my conscience will allow to convince my mom to purchase, so this will be something that I'm going to save up for.
Someday soon I will once again be shopping during the wee hours of the morning, but this time I will have sufficient funds to indulge in this purchase.
And I can't wait.

But until then, I will try to get some sleep, and dream about my glasses tin coming in the mail. 
I absolutely love getting mail. 

- Adriana 

Share this post:

Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Oh, The Places We'll Go